Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Whole Wheat Rolls and Artisan Bread



Last summer my dad grew some Hard Red Wheat in Hurricane. I bought about 20 buckets worth from him. I think this wheat makes the yummiest bread I have ever eaten. (it's kind of like Great Harvest Bread...). I have made MANY loaves of bread, but a couple of weeks ago I attempted rolls. I thought they turned out really well. I made two pans. One pan for a Relief Society activity and the other pan I fed to my family and the sister missionaries.
I must also say, I absolutely LOVE my Vita Mix Blender! I bought it last September and I have enjoyed using it everyday since the day I bought it. It makes my life so much easier, now I can make freshly ground whole wheat bread anytime my family wants it.



This year I have been attempting to make more exciting things at home, rather than going out. I find it is much cheaper and more comfortable to have formal meals and fun meals in the comfort of our own home. This way, when my boys make huge messes, we don't have to apologize and make someone else clean it up. . .

Okay, so my sister shared this recipe with me called something like "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day". I love it! I have made Plain and Sourdough Artisan Bread as well as Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil/Rosemary/Oregano Bread. It has all turned out really yummy! Bread making is lots of fun. I want to make heart rolls for my sweetheart on Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

  1. I like keeping up with you through you blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good looking rolls, Sara. Very impressive, indeed!

    I hope that since your sister shared that bread recipe with you, maybe you will share it with me?

    (Rotten scamp told me to "go look for it online." Harrumph!!!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am living in Hurricane right now. And we should TOTALLY hang out! I wanted to talk to you at the shower but never got a chance. You should teach me how to make all this yummy bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I need to talk to you about a party next Wednesday. Call me at my parent's house!

    ReplyDelete