Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sister Missionaries



In December I went on splits with Hermana Yost (Sister Yost, she is a Spanish speaking missionary) a couple of times. It was so fun. I always wanted to serve a mission, but I ended up gettin' hitched instead. :) A choice which I have been very well pleased with. (Yes, my hubby is fabulous) Anyway, it was really neat to get a glimpse of the life of a missionary. A little over a week ago Hermana Yost called me to make a dinner appointment. I was so excited. I had never had the privilege of feeding any missionaries before last week.
Sister Yost had a new companion from Mexico and I got to feed Hermana Tatelpa her very first meal in the United States.
We had homemade chicken noodle soup, build your own sandwiches with homemade whole wheat rolls, and fresh orange slices. The oranges were really sweet too.

We had a wonderful meal together and I think I will always remember these wonderful Sisters!

Maybe tomorrow I will post a picture of my rolls. It was my first time every making fresh ground whole wheat rolls. I thought they turned out really yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve having missionaries over for dinner! They are always fun and if you have other guests that you aren't quite comfortable with, they make EVERYONE feel more more at ease. (Seriously, if you ever are worried about the people coming for dinner, the thing to do is to call the missionaries and beg fast!)

    Your dinner sounds great, Sara!

    ReplyDelete