Monday, March 8, 2010

I love Granola Bars!

Granola bars are one of my favorite snacks! They are a yummy breakfast or an anytime/on the go snack. My only problem is that they are so darn expensive, and they are not always the most healthy. I love the ones that taste more like a candy bar, but I should not be eating them for breakfast. So, several months ago I found this recipe and it is now my favorite granola bar recipe. Click here for the recipe.
The recipe calls for raisins, but I rarely actually put raisins in. The above pictured granola bars have Craisins (left) and Chocolate Chips (right) in them. I have also omitted them completely and used peanuts instead or something else, depending on who will be eating them and what I have in my kitchen. Well, if you try this recipe, I hope you enjoy it!

6 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I will only believe they are good (and therefore try the recipe) after I taste some. Of yours.

    Please send.
    Immediately.
    Two.
    Of each.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would, but they are already gone. All of them. Some little kids devoured the last of the craisin ones today.

    I'll try and remember for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You let little kids eat all of them???

    Oh well. I'm still waiting on my Christmas caramels! (Next year?) Oh well. I've been lazing around all day anyway. I don't need any fat-fanny-auntie snack bars this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tiggs, have you noticed that your picture of you and your husband is the absolute opposite of the other picture of you on this blog?

    In your baby picture, your cheeks are blown out. In the picture with hubster, you have them sucked in.

    I just noticed that. I guess I'm a little slow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so resourceful! I could learn alot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I've been trying to get a hold of you like crazy. We are having lunch tomorrow for St. Paddy's day at Tara's. Call me. Or her.

    ReplyDelete