Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cannoli's

Every once in a while I watch a netflix show called "Cake Boss". On one of the shows, the bakery made cannolis for a customer appreciation day. They looked so yummy, and since then I have always wanted to make and try them.

I am the proud new owner of a pizzelle (Italian waffle cookie) iron. Last night my brother and I made some cannolis shells. We had a little left over whip cream in the fridge, so we modified it, and filled a few shells. I must say, all my dreams came true! I changed the recipe I had, so below are some pictures of a gingerbread type of cannoli.
The batter:
The Press:
The finished pizzlles and cannoli shells:
Today I am going make some filling. :) You don't have to have a pizzelle iron to make these cookies. You can use a nonstick skillet, they just don't have the pretty design. . . .

If anyone wants the recipe, eave a comment, and I will try and post it in a few days.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Definitely let us know how they turn out with the filling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recipe? Recipe? I WANT SOME OF YOUR CANNOLIs! I hear there is a big plan a-foot for these and a certain peach-y festival in the summer! GO TIGGER!

    ReplyDelete