Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One thing after another

I feel bad I never took a picture of my house last week. We fumigated, so my house was covered in a circus tent for a few days. It was quite an adventure. \

We had dry wood termites in a decorative wooden wall in our basement family room. At first, we were going to just rip out the wooden wall, but as we carefully removed the first few wooden beams, we found they had traveled into the floor beams. At that point, we decided (between the choices at hand) that it would probably be cheaper and easier to spend a few thousand dollars to fumigate, rather than spending who knows how much to tear apart our house and try to locate every board containing the little pests. We used Dixie Pest Control, and we were really happy with the outcome. They did a good job, and I felt they were very careful with our home.

Now that we are back in our home, I have fixed our front planter beds. I planted some new flowers along with some Roman Chamomile, and a little English Thyme. One of these days I'll post pictures of some of the things I have planted.

Thank goodness I have my yard squared away for the time being, because my sister had her baby this morning! She had Scott Bramall Chamberlain at 8:23 am. He was 9 lbs. 4 oz. and 21 in. long. So I get to play with her kidlins for part of today. We have been having fun today. On that note, I had better keep playing with trains with them on the floor, before we all get into trouble!

P.S. I typed this post with two hands!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your sister and her family for the new addition! So exciting! And congrats to you for typing two handed! Yay! Glad your termite situation is under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beginning to really love this little snapshot of your life, Sara. Hope your fingers are doing fine and you're having fun with your niece and nephew.

    ReplyDelete