Thursday, February 17, 2011

Who needs a mop?

Who needs a mop?
I know that I don't.
I tell my children to stop,
They're sassy and say, "I won't".
On my hands and knees I scrub my floors daily.
Should I actually throw my mop away?--Maybe.

Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy.
I spend all my days cleaning.
No longer do I ever feel lazy.
So exhausted, I find myself leaning,
Against walls to hold me up.
Do I love motherhood? most of the time--Yup!

This poem is so silly!
I am exhausted today.
Eliza has been so sick, Really!
I do all this work without getting paid.
Even when I am so tired,
My kids are still totally wired. . .

It's a good thing I love them!

Perhaps I should have entitled this,
"The exhausted mother with sick kids and a messy house". . .
no, that is too long.

I hope everyone else is feeling and doing well!
Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. This is a BEAUTIFUL poem. Very well done, my dear.

    Yesterday Alex said, "You're a Play at Home Mom." He was teasing, but I was inclined to agree on some days.

    I don't know how you survive your energetic boys. I'm glad B is going for soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sentiment of your poem. I hear Eliza's been spending time at the hospital. Sorry to hear that. I hope everyone is on the mend real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling! We've been having that kind of month here too! Hopefully you'll find time to get some rest and have another go at it tomorrow. good luck!

    ReplyDelete