Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Girls Camp

Where did June go? Between Youth Conference, Girls Camp, birthdays, and beginning the summer--June flew by for me! This year I was the Assistant Camp Director for girls camp. It was so much FUN! The picture below is from the pre-camp we had in May. We worked on making our T-shirts for girls camp, then we ate, sang some songs, and hung out around a campfire. (I love having a fire pit in my backyard!)
I am sorry I have been neglecting my blog. I will try and start catching up on the events in my life. I have no idea where my actual "girls camp" pictures went. They disappeared from my (husband's) camera. :) Sorry, that is the only picture I have to share.

Oh! I found a Youth Conference picture! The leaders took the youth on a mini-trek (through the honeymoon trail). I went to help a little, but mainly to be another female leader for them. I only got to stay with them from Thursday to Friday. Friday we hiked about 6 miles in the beating sun pulling handcarts. The youth pulled the handcarts the whole time. I helped for a little while, but I didn't last very long (I am so weak when I am pregnant!). Anyway, here is a picture. I am the one with a straw hat and a wet triangular bandage under my hat on.
The young men helped build the handcarts too. Neat, huh?!

2 comments:

  1. You look so happy, Sara! Very content. Of course you are IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you love working with the youth?! They are so great

    ReplyDelete