Guess what my darling three year old did last night?!? I think I should begin this story about one week ago...
I took my son to the dentist for the very first time. They counted and brushed his teeth. Then, they gave him a toothbrush and a little prize. The hygienist gave me a prescription for 0.5 mg of fluoride to give to my son each night after he brushes his teeth.
For the last week he has been enjoying his little Fluoride tablet before he goes to bed. I knew he was enjoying the tablets, so I decided to keep them on a the highest shelf in our highest cupboard of our bathroom. Okay, so while I was washing the dinner dishes last night, he went in the bathroom, climbed up, and got the fluoride tablets. Then, he managed to open the "child-proof" container. He consumed about 60 tablets before I caught him. That is a total of 30 mg of fluoride. Yikes!
I called and consulted with my cousin-in-law, who happens to be a pharmacist. I gave him some milk, then I ended up calling the Poison Control, just to be safe. Anyway, I watched him for an hour and he did not throw up but his tummy was a little gurgley all night long--anyway, everything turned out okay--thankfully! I was quite nervous that I would have to make a mad dash to the Emergency Room for some stomach pumping, but I didn't.
Thanksgiving and Black Friday - Candisco
1 day ago