Saturday, November 6, 2010

Just an annoyance...or Drive me Crazy?!

I think I have discovered the most annoying thing in the world. . . I just hope it does not drive me crazy. My fingers have started occassionally itching on the inside. I cannot scratch for relief when they do that. I can hold, rub, and squeeze, but it does not relieve. i just tell myself I need to be grateful for this sensation--it means something is healing.

I have read several blog posts of gratefulness, for the month of November. I have decided to join the club and post something I am grateful for with each post I make.

I am grateful for life experiences that teach us lessons. I am grateful I worked at scout camp and taught various merit badges, one of which was Wilderness Survival. The most important thing to remember in a survival situation is to have a positive mental attitude. That thought went through my head a lot after I cut off my fingers. (I should be getting my pins out in a few more weeks. When that happens I will work on typing faster, then I will type the whole story of my fingers...according to me.) So, I am thankful for lessons we learn in life to help prepare us to handle other experiences and lessons. :)

6 comments:

  1. Every time I've ever had something that was healing, it has always itched, Sara. And yes, it's almost impossible to resist.

    I'm so grateful to think of you suffering this way. I might just pray for itchy-itchy-itchy sensations for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine. Way to be positive about it. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to your experience from your mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nerves are sending signals... albeit annoying ones, but that is a great sign!! Hopefully the itching will go away soon. Keep that positive attitude... it's what I have always admired you for - you are infectiously positive!

    Hugs,
    Ora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, you're my hero. So strong! If it makes you feel any better, that picture of your hand looks much better than when I saw it in the hospital! Hope the healing continues! Let me know if I can do anything for you (from a distance!)
    -Camille

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your beautiful new baby girl. Ben and I have been praying for you and your family. I'm glad to hear that you're fingers are getting better. My dad had two fingers cut off a while back and it really is amazing what can be done these days!

    ReplyDelete